Mar 9, 2009

Inspired by the Past

Some of my favorite photographs I made years ago. Kelly and Naoki were my very first wedding clients in the late 90's. Kelly was a Brooklyn friend, and an ex-roommate from RISD. There she met Naoki, while studying architecture.The couple asked me to shoot their wedding primarily with black and white film, in the way that Kelly saw me shoot my family portraits at RISD. I knew very little about the rituals of weddings, having attended only my uncle's very small re-marriage ceremony. One thing I did know was how to make a memorable image. Thanks to Naoki and Kelly, for having faith in me and to being such beautiful and open-minded subjects. I love their wedding images.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You were so good for your first time!

Anonymous said...

beautiful bride - reminds me of rachel adams. great photos!!

Curtis Copeland said...

Wow! These are truly inspiring images. Seems you have been quite talented from day one. Thank you for sharing!